Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ahh, Siblings

I love watching Lauren and Tucker interact, especially now that they can have meaningful conversations that I do not have to be a part of. It is hilarious. For some reason, they have determined that to see a motorcycle is a special thing, and whether or not you see it is of particular importance. Some times, it can become contentious and end in tears, but most of the time it is good-natured fun. Here is a typical car conversation:
L: I SEE A MOTORCYCLE!!
T: I SEE A MOTORCYCLE, TOO!!
L & T (sing-songy): WE SEE A MOTORCYCLE, WE SEE A MOTORCYCLE!
L: I see a motorcycle, I put an 'X' on you (obviously, this has been picked up on the playgrounds of kindergarten)
T: I see a motorcycle, I put a 'T' on you (hey, I'm not saying he's brilliant b/c he picked his own initial...but I will say that he absolutely picked that all by himself!!)
This is the point where it could end in tears, but mostly ends in giggles.

In other news, Lauren had her post-op visit yesterday and has been released to resume the full duties of being a 5-almost-6 year old. Whew! We did get good news from the doctor, it looks like the hole in her left ear is patched (for now) and all is healing well. We go back in 6 weeks for another checkup. Let's hope that continues to be the case and that her hearing continues to improve!!

No comments: