Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mea Culpa

Alright, alright. So, 9 days in and I missed a day. My bad! But I have an excuse!! I took an OTC Tylenol muscle pain reliever last night (YOU try toting around a 40 pound three year old) and was totally zonked by 7:30. I barely got Lauren and Tucker in bed and I totally missed last night's episode of Toddlers and Tiaras!

But! Rather than abandon my project completely, I am getting back on the horse today and moving on. So, since I have already referenced my obsession for really horribly trashy reality TV, I will make that tonight's topic. I have been a fan of many many reality shows, dating all the way back to the early nineties and those seven strangers picked to live in a loft to find out what happens when people stop being polite ("Could Somebody Get the Phone?") and start being real. Since then, my tastes have changed, moved on, maybe...but not necessarily matured.

I have moved through Survivor, Bachelor/Bachelorette, Joe Millionaire, the one where the hotties date the dorks, the Mole, the Apprentice, the one on VH1 where all the has-beens live together, Oh! The Biggest Loser from time to time.....the list goes on and on. (okay, not to even begin to mention my obsession with the TLC channel...and I can't leave out the Kardashians...)

One of my all time favorites is Big Brother. The way I get involved in this show is downright embarassing. I have been hooked for 5 or 6 seasons now, and each time I get myself wrapped up in all the drama of the house guests. This season is wrapping up in the next week and I am so excited! And sad! That it will be over. But there is always next year...

And, speaking of next year, here is something that may bring me back to a reality show that has fallen out of my favor...
That's right, Ellen Degeneres is taking Paula's spot on American Idol!! I have been really over Idol for a couple of seasons now...I really don't think I watched one entire episode this last time. However...I love Ellen, I think she is hilarious, and I can't wait to see her on the judges panel!!
What do you watch?

No comments: