Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oh! Happy Day!

(Apologies to any who have already heard me discuss this topic ad nauseum.)

I arrived to great news when I picked Tucker up from school today...he had pooped in the potty!! You may remember me discussing this topic before, but the truth is there hadn't been much progress since. I mean, seriously, I can count on one hand the number of times he has pooped in the potty. Who knows why? He is very aware when he needs to poop, and discreetly excuses himself to find privacy...just not in the bathroom.

Recently, Tucker moved up to the 'big kid' classroom, and he has since been inspired to ahem, mature in the bathroom arena. He will now insist on standing up to do his business. And, recently I have gone the cold turkey route with the pullups. I am done buying them. And, as gross as that can be at times, I know it is finite and that at some point he (we) will move past this stage. So I am so, so SUPER excited at this step in the right direction!!!

Wow. No more diapers. No more babies!! I am only a little sad, but mostly happy and excited. Woo Hoo!

No comments: