Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013, A Space Odyssey

Today is January 10, 2013.

On January 1, 2013, my sweet Pa died. It wasn't at all unexpected, but it still stings. He was 92. He used-to-could make lights come on by magic. He had a special way of saying my name. Apparently he had a special way of saying everyone's name. Bottom line is even though he had 30 grandchildren, he had a way of making each and every one feel special. Weird way to welcome in the new year.

Merritt visited the ENT this week and was scheduled for tubes post haste. Bless her heart, she has had fluid/infection since before her birthday (September). I hope and pray that these tubes do the trick and do not create other problems (a la Lauren) to be handled down the road. We do that on Monday. Should be quick and easy.

Somehow, without my permission, Lauren and Tucker are growing up. I was looking at pictures today and they both seem so old now in comparison. Weird. I guess that will keep happening.

I hate resolutions, but I have resolved to not say negative things about my house in 2013. I am going to Do The Best I Can and make it home. To that end, I am taking advantage of working close to home and coming home several times a week to do something for the betterment of the house. It is so nice to have a quiet minute in the middle of the day - ALONE - to quickly clean a bathroom or fold a load of laundry. (keep in mind, the lunchtime cleaning is NOT a resolution. It is just something I am doing.)

I am going to try to write here more often. Again, not a resolution, just something I want to do. We'll see what the year brings.

Edited to add a Note for Posterity: This week, Tucker announced that Dad can no longer call him T-Bone. Mom is still allowed, but no one else.

No comments: