Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Not a Happy Post

Today it seemed like every thing I clicked on was such horrifically sad news. Overwhelmingly, devastatingly sad. A new mother, who had been diagnosed with breast cancer while pregnant, suddenly dies days after giving birth to her first child. A family's home ravaged by flood waters and their child gets caught in the flood and drowns. Sometimes, I don't know how people pick up the pieces and continue on. I almost force myself to read these news/blog stories but I have to just stop. I can't even find the words, it is just too painful to read.

The saddest, and perhaps the most wonderful thing about such tragedies is that life does go on. People move on and somehow heal. I can't even comprehend how it happens. Time heals. It makes me so, so grateful for the boring life that I have had and thankful for all of the mundane day-to-day things that I normally kvetch about.

No comments: