Tuesday, April 1, 2014

So, Here's My Problem

(current problem)...I let things pile up too much. I get overwhelmed and then I AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!
Today, I took steps to combat that problem.
I didn't sit down when I got home. We went outside. I swept, I organized.
I didn't just plop Merritt down to play after bath while I caught up on my Facebooking. I stayed in her room and helped put away her toys.
I didn't lounge on the couch watching The Voice with Tucker (for very long). I got up and read 3 chapters in my text book and then submitted an assignment.
And now I am not going to sink into bed and download the second Divergent book (are you supposed to italicize names of books? Blogger doesn't give me the option to underline.). I am going to switch the dishes and fold some laundry.

It won't all get done today, but it will be better than it was earlier. That is the only way that I know how to combat my proclivity to be overwhelmed and avoid life. One step at a time. One folded towel at a time. One chapter (text, not fun) at a time. Keep chipping away at it. Even though it may not be completed, perfect, and wrapped up in a nice bow, it is a step in the right direction.

And look at that, I am on some sort of blogging streak. Who knew?