Sunday, June 22, 2014

Felix Felicis

I just opened my blinds and it is very overcast outside. And I just looked at my clock and am surprised that it is 4:33. The day has gotten away from me. It has been a quite quiet weekend. Lauren is in Mississippi. Having tons of fun with Nanny. She went over on Thursday morning, and I anticipated two afternoons of just plain mom-and-Tucker time. But then, I got the call that Mimi was running a fever, so we've been laying pretty low since then. It was a mystery fever...no other symptoms, and it seems to be gone.

And, to add to the fun, our back air conditioner went out (yes, we have two. I know, #firstworldproblems) and it is going to cost a small fortune to replace it. If it ain't bees, its ants.

So...laying low, quiet weekend. Tucker and I have watched a couple of Harry Potter movies this weekend. It is everything I can do right now to not go pull out my copy of The Deathly Hallows and not come up for air. Even the weather seems to be telling me to.

Unfortunately, the class I thought was ending Thursday or Friday is actually over on Tuesday as it turns out. So I have been cramming assignments and tests in this weekend as well. I will draft a super-long paper and send it off on a wing and a prayer at the ninth hour on Tuesday. Status quo.

In between homework sessions, I have roped Andy into hanging pictures. Geesh, and now in the time it has taken me to write this it is now 5:47. In summary, I'm 36 and feverishly doing homework, geeking out on Harry Potter, and missing Lauren. And...break.

No comments: