Thursday, July 28, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

Full disclosure: I am ripping this idea off of another blog and I am not linking back anywhere. Seeing it just made me feel like blogging, which I obviously do not feel like doing too much these days, so I'm going with it. I'm not even going to the effort to paste the cute box with the questions. Whatever.

Also, don't expect eloquence. (Also, It is now Thursday.)

What We're Eating this Week: Thus far, lots of comfort food. My granddaddy died last Friday. We drove over on Sunday and had the funeral on Monday. As sad a time as funerals are, there is such familiar comfort in the communion that happens: friends you haven't seen in years coming to feed you physically, emotionally, spiritually. Permission to feel and show raw emotion. That is God.

What I'm Reminiscing About: can't go there right now. All the feels.

What I'm Loving: Dots and Co. game on my phone

What We've Been Up To: avoiding heat

What I'm Dreading: Making good on a promise that I made to Lauren--I agreed months ago that we would go to the midnight release of the new Harry Potter book. That is coming up this Saturday. Oiy.

What I'm Working On: Not picking my nails.

What I'm Excited About: school schedule pick up

What I'm Watching/Reading: Bits and pieces of the Democratic Convention

What I'm Listening To: Taylor Swift CD on repeat in the car.

What I'm Wearing: Flip flops as much as possible.

What I'm Doing this Weekend: grrrr...midnight Harry Potter.

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month: getting in to the school routine

What Else Is New: Well, I wrote a blog post...