Monday, September 28, 2009

Anarchist, Revisited

Lauren, tonight: "I'm allergic to sandwiches." (guess that explains why she hasn't been eating any of them!)

Lauren attended her first Daisy Scout meeting tonight. Oh Boy. I am excited for her to be able to be in a group and have fun with her friends outside of school. However, I never cease to amaze myself with what a non-participater I am! I really encouraged her to go, and yet as I sat there I found myself bristling at the whole notion. At what in particular, I am not sure...it is just an inherent reaction that I have! I am trying hard to squelch it, for Lauren's sake. She needs to be able to be a part of a group and get all of the benefits thereof. And really, there is a big part of me that wants to be a joiner and part of the group...but the bigger part of me wants to sit in the back and make fun of everyone else (in an inclusive, jolly way, of course). We have a long road ahead of us...

Hey, did I mention that Lauren will be selling Girl Scout cookies in a few months?! Oiy!

No comments: