Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I Loathe Standard Time

Leaving the office in pitch black really sucks the life out of me.

To top it off, I had to pick up a prescription after work. Merritt threw a true two-year-old tantrum outside of The Target, complete with throwing herself on the ground. She screamed pretty much the entire time we were in the store. I don't think they drug their feet in getting us out. So, silver lining and all that.

*******

Hey, here's a conversation I find myself having at least once a day (sometimes more!)...

Pick a Kid: Moooommmm, I can't find my XXXXX backpack, shoes, short socks, karate uniform, football, etc, etc XXXXX
Me: Well, where did you leave it last?
Random Child: I don't knoooooowwwww!
Me: Then, sounds like you need to LOOK for it!!!! (edited to add: the X's do not denote cuss words. the kids mostly still cuss only under their breath.)

miraculously, it is usually in the same. place. every. time.

*******

I am a potential bone marrow donor for a 15 year old child who has cancer. Yesterday, I had to give blood to do an additional layer of testing. I have felt puny today, and am blaming it on the loss of blood. While I was having the blood drawn yesterday, I said a prayer and sent good thoughts out into the Universe that this person will find a match and go on to live a full, healthy life. Maybe its me. I am supremely grateful for the health and blissful monotony of my family.

No comments: