Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Oh, I Have To Do It Again?

I had an out of body experience yesterday. It was weird. The girls and I were in the car, driving up to the flag football game (the boys were already there for warmups). Lauren had her CD playing an unfamiliar song. I think that is what threw me off--I had no connection to the song. It was a feeling of deja vu, but like I was watching it from somewhere else. Bizarre.

The time change is impacting me, as per usual. Also, this gloomy weather is taking a toll. It may be more endearing if it were chilly, or crisp. Instead it is muggy and I feel sticky by the time I get to work.

This post sounds like complaints, but to the keen observer it is actually an appreciation for the minutiae of the day. Being present to observe and understand the things that are unpleasant, so that better times can be seen in their moments.

No comments: